Sunday, November 7, 2010

My Home Town

I was born in Shanghai, China, and I love the city, but I think it has a big problem about education. When I came to Vancouver, I thought the education system was different than Shanghai. In Shanghai, every school's student need wear uniform, and the school has all this rules about how student should look. For example: student cannot wear earrings when they are in school, or if a student's hair is too long, the teacher will ask he/she to cut his/her hair. However, students in Vancouver can wear their own clothes to go to school. Girls can have make-up, and the teacher do not care about student's hair length. I think student in Vancouver have more freedom than student in Shanghai. Moreover, in Shanghai, most teachers are focus on the text book. They do not teach anything else, but the ones in the text book. Therefore, the lesson is very boring. On the other hand, I think the lesson in Vancouver's school is more interesting than the lesson in Shanghai. The student is more thoughtful, and teacher teachs useful thing , not everything in the text book. This is the most big diference between Shanghai and Vancouver.

Here are some picture about Shanghai:








































Picture from: http://www.chinastone.cn/exhibition/shanghai2008/images/dfmz.jpg

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a really cool city. I hope to go there someday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to shang hai this Augst. it is cool city.

    ReplyDelete